Background - wood

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Roadtrip Wildlife!

We're here! We're in Los Angeles!

In this blog, I am going to try and document our journey across the country, but I'm finding it a bit tricky to sum up... so instead of writing a few hasty entries that try and cover the scope of our trip, I'm going to pick a particular topic for each one.

Today's topic is:

Creatures! We went to several places on our trip that were supposedly teeming with wildlife, both tame and terrifying.











We saw:

Some turkey vultures!

Some really fat ravens who waddled around


Some mule deer with big ears!



A huge jack rabbit!



We could have, but didn't see:


A mountain lion! I'm pretty relieved... ever since I read Where the Red Fern Grows, I've been a little nervous about these guys...



A brazilian free tailed bat! They were sleeping when we went to Carlsbad Caverns.

A Black Bear! I thought I heard one when we were camping at the Great Sand Dunes, but I think it was just a deer.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment