Background - wood

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Beads and Sitting Bull.

I love learning a new skill!

As some of you know, I'm making a new Native American inspired jewelry line with a geometric twist. Although most of my designs are based in leather and natural stones, I have a few ideas with more traditional Native American beading. It's not exactly difficult, but man is it tedious. Last night I began working on a pair of earrings. I had about four rows done, but then I accidentally broke one of the beads with my pliers while pulling my needle through... Nuts! I'll start over once I get back from the bank this morning.

Here's a tutorial on the method I'm using. On the same site are downloadable bead pattern sheets (sortof like little graph paper), which you can print off and make your own design! It's very fun once you get the hang of it :)


Today, I'm going to be awesome, like Sitting Bull.


No comments:

Post a Comment